A wood router is a portable router machine which you can for various purposes. It is powerful machine indeed. You can the number of wood working functions by it.
In a whole, it is a very diversified tool. With this single compact machine, anyone can do numerous tasks namely:
- create moldings,
- ornamental edges,
- make joints,
- crave hoardings,
- cut grooves,
- mortise ,
You can mount it on a router table. At the beginning stage, the wood routers were such a machine having manually powered equipments. But with the leaps of time, electric power has been added with it. As a result, it is now a machine of multipurpose nature. That means it can serve you in a multipurpose way. And, obviously, without facing any difficulty, you can do your tasks within very short times by it.
Types of Wood Routers:
When have decided to buy wood routers, the thing which will give you more relax is that there are various types of wood routers available in the market. So, undoubtedly, you will get a get a good option of choosing it. But in a brief we divide the wood routers 3 basic types and they are namely:
- Stationary wood Router – You can place these routers in a place. Moreover, you can stop it according to your necessity and at the time when you want to stop it.
- Plunge wood Router – The plunge wood router is mainly a plunge type machine. You can place it on the middle of the wood. The major benefits of these types of router are that it makes the process faster and easier. It causes minimum waste also.
- CNC Wood Routers –Another name of these types of wood router is Computer Numeric Control Routers. They are basically the advanced version of wood routers. They have raised a significant numbers of users as they have various modern advantages.
Advantages of a Wood Router
As mentioned before that it a multipurpose machine, a wood router has huge advantages. Even if we compare it with other routers on the basis of power and accuracy, it is difficult to find out any worth competitor of it.
So, no doubt, you will get a lot of benefits from a wood router. But if we want to precise all the benefits of it, we can mention the following benefits of a wood router:
- It will increase your capability of production. It will ensure your performance by enhancing your capacity.
- It will provide you a precise depth and height.
- It will reduce your wastage of work piece.
- You will get an organized error-free surrounding by it.
- It will provide you accurate trimmings, cuttings and edgings.
- It is very user friendly. You will be master of it within very short time.
- Your work will be easy to you for it.
- It will give you a clear line of view.
- You will get release hazardous mishaps.
- It will create safe work surroundings.
- It will ensure your safety also.
Actually, this tool will provide you a large range of advantages. But to get those advantages you have to know the proper uses of it. So, at first, make sure that you know the proper use of a wood router.